Water Damage

Standard homeowners’ policies make a distinction between water damage caused by plumbing problems and water damaged roofs, and flood damage caused by rising waters. In almost all cases, the expenses from water damage will be covered, while flood damage requires a flood insurance policy. If a pipe in your home bursts, the insurance company will usually cover the damage. On the other hand, if heavy rainfall causes a nearby lake to flood, your standard insurance policy won’t cover any damage to your property. That’s why those in flood-prone areas are encouraged to purchase flood insurance for their homes.

Covered By Insurance:

  • Storm Damage to Roof & Windows
  • Burst Pipes
  • Clogged Plumbing

Not Covered By Insurance:

  • Basement Flood Caused by Rainfall
  • Mudslides
  • Overflowing Rivers & Lakes